Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Back to Work


Today was my first day back at work. For some reason I felt nervous, like it was the first day of school or something. I don't know why I felt that way everyone has always been really sweet and welcoming, specially today asking about Jackson and how we were all doing etc. Although it was nice to be back around old friends It was extremely hard getting up this morning to leave for work after being able to spend so much time together during my maternity leave.
Lucky for us that Brandon is able to watch the kids while I was at work. Issy is a daddy's girl for sure so I know I dont have to worry about a thing when I am gone. Seriously he is such a great Dad (and "The Fun One" too of course) so he deserves to be loved that much and more. Anyway the work day went really well- The best part was coming home and to hear that I was missed and feel the excitement in their voices and hugs.
For the next month I have arranged to only working part time (Mon.- Wed).... to ease back into the groove of things both at home and at work. Once I ready to come back full time my employer is going to allow me to work mostly from home (3 days per week). Its a terrific opportunity. its going to be great to be able to spend so much more time with my "babies" and still be able to contribute to the household. I know working from home will not be easy specially with two young kids who are always going to be demanding attention but I am committed to making it work out.

keep your fingers crossed for me :)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin