Saturday, May 30, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
The instructions are fool proof...Check out the link at: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2007/11/04/homemade-bread-cheap-delicious-healthy-and-easier-than-you-think/
Thursday, May 14, 2009
I didn't watch the news last night for a forecast of the week because I was at another Annual Meeting until after 9:30 pm....Last I remember the forecast called for a mid 60's week (now I am wondering how long ago that was?) Anyway I woke up, got the kids and myself ready for the day, walked out side to turn the car on. Loaded the little ones in to the car and off we were never giving Issy's summer outfit it a second thought. Her outfit consisted of a cute pair of brown flip flops, shorts, a cute little Cami tank top and Issy's favorite new horse sweatshirt (Thank you Jo, Mo and Allan!).
The second I pulled in to the parking lot it starts to rain. Panic...oh DARN IT! inside the classroom Issy's little noodle legs are shaking...i just want to hide under a rock! Then Mrs. Sale ask me if I happen to have a pair of sweats or something in the car for Issy because their field trip today was a little nature walk. Of course not, double DARN IT.
I had not choice but to run to Target and back, buy her a pair of jeans, socks and new shoes in less than 15 minutes. I don't know how but I made it back in time especially with my little 21lb tank, Jackson on tow but I did. (sigh).
Field Trip $2 bucks!
New Jeans, shoes and socks $30
Laughing at this proud Mommy moment= Priceless!
I have been a mom now for almost 6 years now and yet some days I still do not have a clue as to what I am doing. I am wondering when it is that we are supposed to go through our mommy metamorphosis and become Super Mom?! :) No, that is not who it works? Rats!
Issy and Jackson remember this: I love you with all my heart and soul- some days are better than others but I trying and that is what counts. I don't know what I am going to do when I cant redeem myself with a game of UNO anymore but gosh darn it I will keep on trying.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Here are a few thing to keep in mind next time you call to your Management Company to complain:
- If your Association Manager can remember your name, you call too much.
- When you start your call by saying "I don't want to complaint but" we are rolling out eyes because we know its going to be a long drawn out conversation about your neighbors. Oh brother here we go....
- I am not in the office sitting around waiting for your phone call, your emails or your faxes. Do not call me immediately after you have sent a fax or an email to ask if have received the fax or email. I haven't!
- I do not care that your water is out over the weekend so don't wonder why I am not as nice to you if I have to call you back.
- Even if we spoke a two days ago for a hour and had a lovely conversation about the weather remember that tomorrow I will not know who you are- Telling me this is is Joe Blow will not ring a bell for me, I speak to at least several dozen people every day.
- I did not write you CC&R's. It is not my responsibility to go back in time and ensure that your Agent or the Title company provided you with a set before you bought a house in your neighborhood.
- I also do not control how much you pay every year, every quarter or every month.
- I know its tough to come up with dues around Christmas time but its no surprise -you knew the bill was coming- Budget.
- If I made spelling errors in my Newsletters or Mailers for haven sakes GET OVER IT. I try to edit and edit some more but yes sometimes I miss things.if anything it was because I was too busy listening to you complaint about it.
- if you neighbors dog poops in your yard and you see it don't call me to tell me- talk to them about it. Why is everyone so afraid to talk to their neighbors these days?
Okay...I think I have made my point. I could go on forever but does it matter? If anything after reading this just remember to be nice your Association Manager next time you have to call in- I know we are just voices on the other side of the receiver but we are the dump all department for constant bitching in this all demanding and all deserving world of Homeowner Associations. BLAH!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Issy made me this gift along with a sunflower plant they grew from a seed at preschool! Her teacher Mrs. Sale asked each child the question and they were supposed to answer it. Its so cute, I love it when they do stuff like that. I have it written out below becase I know its hard to read. Keep in mind that Issy also took the picture, which explains why the top of my head is chopped off, regardless its not bad for a five year old. It says:
My mom is: "24" years old
My mom is prettiest when she: "gets dressed in dresses"
My mom always says:"I love you"
My mom likes to make: "cookies"
My mom is funny when: "she makes jokes"