Thursday, September 17, 2009

Beginner Baby Quilt

I was invited the baby shower of a good friend. They are having their first baby so I really wanted to give them something special. I have been really inspired by so many crafty blogs lately and right away I decided to make a baby quilt for them.
First of all, I have never, ever made a quilt before. I made a couple trips to JoAnn's found some cute material, dusted off my sewing machine and begain planning. I soon realized that I had no clue what I was doing.

To top things off, I didnt realize that a one week deadline was pushing it.

I have said it time and time again, but I say it again...I am not one to give up and one way or another I will have this puppy done by Sunday.

Thanks to the Wonderful World Wide Web I was able to find a good instructional video on from expert Village. Click Here to Check it out --> VIDEO. If you are a newbie like me, you will have to keep looking on line for more help, but its its a good starting point. What you do from here is completely up to you and your imagination.

I attached a preview of what was done up to this morning. I am not updating the full photo just yet. I don't want to ruin the surprise. Anyway...this afternoon I was able to add the last border after the kids went to bed. I am pretty proud of it so far, its turning out far better than I would have hoped for. Not perfect, but I guess nothing ever is.

I would love to learn how to "stipple", I think this is what its called when you give the blanket some texture (?). I haven't been able to find a video that has helped me out enough to want to brave it.

To do or not do do...that is the question.

If any one has any good pointers for me please contact me. I really would love to hear from you.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Austin Lovelys said...

Way to go! I want to try to making one too! I don't think I will have such a great turn out like you though :) lOl. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

You are amazing!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin