Thursday, November 5, 2009

Staying Busy

I am hosting a baby shower for my sister this weekend! She is expecting her first, a baby girl in December! As can you can imagine I have been working on her baby shower for the last several weeks. I forget how much FUN (and WORK) planning a party can be.
Anyway, a while ago I came across a Happy Birthday banner that was handmade out of scrapbooking paper. The idea was genius, but I needed a reason to make it.... (he he)

I love the idea of using paper because I am able to pick the exact colors and textures that I want to coordinate with our Pretty in Pink theme!
I was able to find a simple flower patter (made for sewing, but it was perfect for this project) at
Poppy Lane (if you click on the patter it takes you to the link where you can print off the flower).

I cut and traced each flower.
Then I used a math compass to create the center of the flower with a different colored piece of paper (this one can be thinner paper).
I used a glue stick to glue the pieces together. This eliminates the lumps that you normally get with regular Elmer's glue.

The only thing left to do was to print the letters "BABY SHOWER" using the font and size of my choosing on WORD before gluing them to the center of each flower. How easy is that? I used some twine to "make the banner" and added some pretty green ribbon in between each of the flowers to give it a finished look.

Adorable.

**Sorry that I wasn't able to get a finished picture of my banner (those will come later). I have a busy 11 month old who is cruising along our house on the look out for something interesting.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Austin Lovelys said...

I love this idea! I appreciate the handmade stuff any day compared to store bought. They mean so much more!!!! Blanca is lucky to have such a crafty and loving sister! Be sure to post the finished picture!! I wanna see :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin