Let's talk about fall. In case you didn't know it, it is my favorite season of all. I love the color of nature, I love warm coats, scarfs, hats. I love pumpkin, apple picking, hay rides, coffee, hot chocolate. I just love all of it. In fact, it's the season when I feel the most alive!
Last night, I was robbed of my fall season. We had our first frost last night, and our house was absolutely freezing. I refuse to skip to winter this early on. The thought of it makes me want to cry. or scream, or both. Okay, I probably wont do any of those things, but I will be pretty bummed.
The oil man came out to deliver oil for our house. Due to the cost of oil, we have very quickly adopted the New England ways in regards to the heat. Normally, what I have heard from all of my friends around here, is that they refuse to the heat on as close to November as possible. In theory, that's all great and dandy, but when I had to sleep in a sweatshirt and socks, and we had a little boy with freezing limbs crawl into bed with us.....Bran and I looked at each other in unison and said let's turn this sucker on. Life is short, I want to be comfortable.
- Brandon got his official graduation approval. (Happy Dance!). He's looking at his options for a masters.
- The company I worked for just purchased another property in MA. A few us were asked to volunteer (you read that right, asked to volunteer!) with the process of completing the acquisition paperwork for this property of 96 units. Normally a project like this is completed in a 2-3 month period with full time staff. We were given two weeks! After many hours of overtime, we completed the project yesterday. I'm so relieved! I can go back to forgetting normal things...and not EVERYTHING!
- I can go back to taking care of my kids, who have been looking pretty disheveled lately. And let's not even talk about the house work and laundry. Yikes!!! This is where I might cry...and scream. LOL.
- Oh, and just a heads up....Issy is back at Girl Scouts and they are doing their fall fundraiser for their troop. At Daycare Jacksons class is also doing a fundraiser for playground equipment. You might be getting some emails from me in the very near future.
- Weight watchers...what's that? Actually...I said I would update you and as embarrassed as I am here is the cold hard reality. Over the last two- weeks, I have lost...and gained again, then lost....right now, I am practically back at my start weight. I have been pretty stressed lately over work, and have been eating a lot crap. Still....I feel like when I say that I was "stressed", it's an excuse for not having more control. And I get pretty pissed at myself. I don't know if this will make any sense, but I have come to conclusion that the only thing I CAN DO about it, is start over.... right now! This moment. Which is what I am doing... Beating myself about it, will not change the past. As much as I hate this, I am accountable to someone other than myself, so I'll be back for an update.
I hope your fall days are bright, happy and full of color!