Thursday, May 14, 2009

I swear...

I would loose my head sometimes if it wasn't attached! I have been so stressed out at work lately and I have been taking everyday as it comes. This morning was no exception and I totally forgot that Issy had a field trip at preschool today- no biggie right? Wrong!

I didn't watch the news last night for a forecast of the week because I was at another Annual Meeting until after 9:30 pm....Last I remember the forecast called for a mid 60's week (now I am wondering how long ago that was?) Anyway I woke up, got the kids and myself ready for the day, walked out side to turn the car on. Loaded the little ones in to the car and off we were never giving Issy's summer outfit it a second thought. Her outfit consisted of a cute pair of brown flip flops, shorts, a cute little Cami tank top and Issy's favorite new horse sweatshirt (Thank you Jo, Mo and Allan!).
The second I pulled in to the parking lot it starts to rain. Panic...oh DARN IT! inside the classroom Issy's little noodle legs are shaking...i just want to hide under a rock! Then Mrs. Sale ask me if I happen to have a pair of sweats or something in the car for Issy because their field trip today was a little nature walk. Of course not, double DARN IT.
I had not choice but to run to Target and back, buy her a pair of jeans, socks and new shoes in less than 15 minutes. I don't know how but I made it back in time especially with my little 21lb tank, Jackson on tow but I did. (sigh).
so....
Field Trip $2 bucks!
New Jeans, shoes and socks $30
Laughing at this proud Mommy moment= Priceless!

I have been a mom now for almost 6 years now and yet some days I still do not have a clue as to what I am doing. I am wondering when it is that we are supposed to go through our mommy metamorphosis and become Super Mom?! :) No, that is not who it works? Rats!

Issy and Jackson remember this: I love you with all my heart and soul- some days are better than others but I trying and that is what counts. I don't know what I am going to do when I cant redeem myself with a game of UNO anymore but gosh darn it I will keep on trying.

1 comment:

Austin Lovelys said...

You did great! A pat on the back for that save. LOL. You are a doing great job. Don't ever doubt yourself.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin