Monday, August 17, 2009

Knitting for Beginers by YouTube!


Yes, I picked up a new hobby this week...Knitting! it all started with a set of used knitting needles and a ball yarn I picked up at a yard sale for $.50 a couple of weeks ago.

I have always wanted to learn how to knit. I've always loved the way knitted blankets and baby clothes looked. They always seemed more special and way more valuable than regular gifts...well you can imagine! I thought I appreciated the work then, but I was so wrong. Its as much work, patience and planning as I thought times 1000. I love it, and I am so excited to get started on a few projects this fall.


In case you were wondering.....



No, I don't know anyone that knits, if you are my friend and you know how to knit...curse you! (Just kidding! I still love you) I have spent hours watching YouTube videos and reading knitting books and "reading" knitting patterns in order to figure out how to knit stitch and purl. Oh my goodness it was extremely frustrating at times, but I am not one to give up easily and eventually....eventually...the never ending stitches really do start coming together. Hallelujah!!!


I started my very first scarf this past weekend in a garter stitch pattern and I am really proud of myself for how good it looks considering the unconventional way I learned how to do it.


My only regret is not learning before Jackson or Issy were born. Oh well...sweaters for Xmas!!!


I will be dreaming of yarn...beautiful organic cotton.



Check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYGqXAN8R-4&feature=fvw#watch-main-area

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin