Sunday, May 30, 2010

Home Stretch of the Move!

Moving is a B*$^$). I hate the process and I am thankful that we wont have to do it for a VERY long time. First, you never realize how much crap you hold on to- until you try to move it! We were no exception. I was having a hard time getting rid of the "sentimental stuff" all of last week, but by Thursday night we had ran out of boxes and packing tape and we were dumping anything that had not been packed in our trash bins. It's almost comical to see how much ones perception can change in just a matter of days. Luckily that part is done.

Brandon and my parents left Friday morning. Today they are somewhere in Iowa (which is about half way there). They drove about 13 hours they first day, 12 the second and today they are hoping to make to Cleaveland, OH, which is another 11 hours out. Lets just say I owe my parents (and Brandon) big time!

I have been staying at my parents house until we fly out on Tuesday. The kids thought it was fun the first night, but by now, the novelty has wore off and they are ready to go home. Although to my surprise neither one of them really understands that we dont have a home we can go to. I did expect this reaction from Jackson who is only 18 months old, but I now feel like we under estimated our moving talks with Issy. Oops!

Yesterday, I spent a couple of hours at the "old house" taking the trash out, and today I am going back for a full on deep cleaning. It's on the Market right now, and all I can say is that I hope it sells fast.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Haws Family said...

Ah! What a whirlwind. I still need to see you before you go. Maybe I can stop by your Mom's and just say hi.

Martha said...

Give me a call. Tomorrow is my last day in town! :( Seems weird to say that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin