Friday, April 10, 2009

Catching up!


I know I haven't been able to update my blog as often as I would like to but things have been pretty hectic lately. The juggling act between part time work, part time mom, part time wife and part time Martha is really starting to take its toll on me. I knew working part time (specially part time from home) would be difficult but in reality its beyond what I thought it would be. Like a lot of places these days, our office is severely understaffed, which means in order to keep our office running some what smoothly everyone is having to step up and add more responsibilities to their already full plates. I know that I am lucky to have a job and I truly grateful that my employer is willing to work with me but I am torn between doing the best job I can do and pushing my self to a breaking point and still not ever being enough. I like to work hard and I used to love all of the responsibility I had but lately I feel like what I do is so insignificant in comparison to how much is going on all around us. I want to be a part of something that can improve the lives of people within our community rather than enabling people who have nothing better to do than complaint to me about the cars parked in peoples driveways instead of in their garages. I cannot wait to go back to school, pursue a field in social work or something similar...I may not be able to do much but I would feel one hundred times better about getting stomach acid fighting for things more important than where people are parking their cars. pfft...okay I am off my soap box...I just had to get that off my chest, I try to tell my self that I can only do so much in one day (thanks Nancy) so we will see what happens. For now I am going to continue to stick with my same schedule, I am just going to modify a few things to help me out-like getting more sleep! .okay...starting right now!

Goals:
  • More sleep
  • Time management
  • Take better care of me
  • Take better care of Brandon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin