Friday, April 17, 2009

Kindergarten here we come....


Last night we registered Issy for Kindergarten. I seriously can't believe this is happening. I know she is ready but I don't think we are. At least I don't feel ready for this. Preschool just seems so different. I am so excited for her, and cant wait for all the new things that will come from this journey but I cant believe this is where we are...the time has really just flown by. I remember bringing her home from the hospital, so small...wondering what kind of personality she would have, what she would look like without that cute gummy smile, what her voice would sound like, would be good parents and so much more so much more. Kinder never crossed my mind back then, it seemed so far away- not its here, knocking on our door. She seems so grown up- such a beautiful, smart and hilarious little girl. Oh goodness!
Last night we were looking through all of the paperwork and the book list they gave her to try to get her excited about school. You can tell she was happy but the wheels were spinning. She woke up this morning and said "mommy, do you really thing I will make new friends?" I just hugged her! I wish she didn't have to worry about things like that, I wish I could protect her from everything out there that could hurt her, I wish I had a few more years.
Yikes!

1 comment:

Austin Lovelys said...

Wow. Time does fly! So hold to your everything because your lil one is going to Kindergarten! Yay. So excited for her :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin