Thursday, October 15, 2009

Case of the Mondays...



You know, it’s just been one of those weeks for me. I hate being the “Negative Nancy” but I think today, I finally hit my breaking point. Last night, I had the mother of all headaches. I realized that I was feeling miserable and I was having a bad case of the Mondays. Only, it’s not Monday, its Wednesday and I haven’t been able to shake it off. Why? Well, the irrigation water was shut off in our area last week, which means only one thing. People that were once complaining about water are now complaining about everything else.



It’s pouring rain outside and 40 degrees and I still get calls that go something like this:

Angry Homeowner: “Why did YOU shut the irrigation water off, it’s only the beginning of October?”

Me: Sir, the irrigation water is managed by your Irrigation District, we do not control the water turn on or shut of dates. You may want to consider using your city water if you need to water, just keep in mind that you do pay for that.

Angry Homeowner: “This is a bunch of BS. You must have forgotten to pay the bill or make some calls. Get a real job! “Click!

I look outside its raining cats and dogs…geez!

or

Angry Homeowner 2: My neighbor has a dog run that according to article 4.1 of the CC&R’s is out of compliance. I called you about these 3 days ago. What are WE doing about this? (I think I can almost hear a foot tapping)

pfft!

Seriously, this is all day, everyday. It just some of the most ridiculous things you could think of. I am sure these complainers have lives, but why they are determined to ruin mine?… I will never know.

Today feeling more rebellious than usual, so I decided to take a personal day! Thursdays are my set days off everyweek, but today, I wasn’t going to work like I normally do. I turned my phone off (okay, I am lying, I only silenced it) and after this post, I will no longer think about work for the rest of the day. I am going to play with my handsome little man, and then treat my family to my creation of my Mother in Law’s Famous Apple Pie recipe. I am excited to finally put the juicy gypsy apples to good use.

In the end, guess what? I win.


Quote of the day:
The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same. - Carlos Castaneda

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin